Case Managers report to the Assistant Director and, in cooperation and consultation with other staff, is responsible for case supervision of assigned residents. Key responsibilities include the development and implementation of placement plans for residents and communication with other placement team members: (i.e. probation officers, social workers, teachers, therapists, employers, and parents). This is a salaried position that may require more than forty hours per week. This position requires substantial experience and a four-year college degree, preferably in the human services. Annual salary for the full time Case Manager is in the mid-high $30k’s, and may include employee benefits.
In addition to carrying out Adolescent Counselor responsibilities, a Case Manager:
- Participates in referral decisions and supervises the orientation of new residents.
- Takes the lead in arranging for initial placement staffings and subsequent review meetings.
- Prepares written progress reports on each resident as part of each resident staffing.
- Participates in weekly progress reviews and sets short/long term goals for each resident.
- Arranges school meetings, as necessary, to monitor and resolve behavioral issues and monitor academic progress.
- Maintains contact with parents/relatives of residents, as necessary.
- Maintains contact with other placement team members, including therapists, probation officers, social workers, etc. Also maintains contact with employers.
- Participates in the administering and review of psychological testing and becomes knowledgeable in understanding the MACI.
- Takes a lead in developing and co-facilitating the Mapletree groups.
- Tracks health care, insurance, and timely dental and physical exams for residents.
- Helps prepare residents for discharge with transition plans that are individually tailored.
- Shares responsibility with other staff for special event planning, and program development.
- Carries out the duties and function of the Adolescent Counselor position description.
- Represents and promotes Mapletree at workshops and professional conferences.
Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com.
Bonus to those carefully looking over this Website: Resume & Interviewing Tips